[thelist] Template Monster

Egor Kloos studio at dutchcelt.nl
Fri Jul 23 04:40:14 CDT 2004

Andy,

Well, this is always a problem when working in the lower margins. Or when
a client just wants something simple. It’s up to the professional web
designer to assert their value to the client. And why the client shouldn’t
insist for anything less. An important part of a designers work is making
a case for their work, pitching a concept or idea. This always extends to
them, and that’s often a bit tricky. That’s why many design companies
don’t make their own house-style but have someone else do it. But the
general rule that actually extends to everybody is that working for a
commercial company is that everything you do is derived from the fact that
you also must sell. The more professional you are better you can sell.

Egor Kloos
http://dutchcelt.nl/
http://zappwerk.nl/