[thelist] RE: Does web design have a future in'highwage'countries? (wasQuestion])

Linda R. lightly at sc.rr.com
Fri Jul 23 17:21:34 CDT 2004

YoYoEtc wrote:

> People often think all they need is FrontPage or
> Dreamweaver and they will be able to design a site.  Designers might be
> working against themselves by using such tools.

I can tell you that's not true for Dreamweaver. To begin with,
Dreamweaver is not a WYSIWYG editor. Second, you have to have a pretty
good knowledge of HTML and CSS to use it at all effectively.

As a "designer" I rarely work in an HTML editor anyway. Most of my work
hours are spent with graphics software.

--
Cheers,
Linda Rathgeber