[thelist] Re: Does web design have a future in 'high wage' countries?

Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Fri Jul 23 19:57:34 CDT 2004

Message from YoYoEtc (7/23/2004 04:59 PM)
>What would you advise newcomers to the field to do?  We have a drastic
>learning curve to follow if we ever want to keep up with the people who
>have years of experience.

All mature industries have that. Web development, as an industry, is just
now beginning to mature.

Doctors, lawyers, accountants, policemen, sportsmen, all have learning
curves before they become the experienced ones. The key is to realise that
the Internet is not the get-rich-quick, retire at 35 scheme that it was
once believed to be.

You do have to work hard to carve out a niche and become a master of your
craft.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/