Rant on netiquette (was: Re: [thelist] Please trim, please don'ttop post.)

Robert Gormley robert at pennyonthesidewalk.com
Sun Jul 25 19:04:04 CDT 2004

> > > 2. Lack of trimming. [b]
>
> Quoting more than you need is inconsiderate, and muddies your point.  Good
> communication takes several times as long to write as to read.

Possibly inconsiderate, but I'd beg to differ re it making something take
several times longer to read. It's quite easy using any quoting mechanism
I've seen to skim through the previously read parts. I don't pedantically
sit re-reading every history of a thread before reading the new reply.

More efficient, though? Sure. :)

Robert