[thelist] Taking control of a client's computer

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 08:31:30 CDT 2004

Hi

I've had a spate of client queries recently about general issues on their
computer, actually mostly about email problems.

It occurred to me that it would be nice if there was a way I could take
over their machine for a short while to make the required changes myself
rather than trying to remember what Outlook looks like. I know that type
of software's out there. Hopefully it'll be an 'over the Internet' type of
thing rather than using direct dial.

It would need, however, minimal setup by the client as the reason I want
it is because they're not very clued up. It would be nice if I could
receive a query from a client who'd not called me before, point him/her in
the direction of a part of my site to download the software I needed, then
be able to take control of their PC for a while to fix the problem.

Who has something to say about that?

All help appreciated as always.

Cheers