[thelist] iframe

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Mon Jul 26 10:41:21 CDT 2004

At 16:14 26/07/2004, Dan McCullough wrote:

>We have an email vendor when a customer wants to be added to the email
>list they fill in their email address and submit, currently the email
>vendor redirects them back to the page.  I now have the email subscribe
>on two separate pages and the redirect back from the email vendor is
>very very static, one URL, so I need some way to not let the clients
>browser to redirect with the form.

   What I'd be inclined to do would be to write a script such that it takes
the data from the form, collates that, sends it as a http request to the
vendor's server, and interprets what it gets back as either "OK, you're
subscribed", or "Sorry, there was a problem", and present that to the client.

   In Cold Fusion, you'd use CFHTTP to do this; there are equivalents in
other scripting languages. No real need to get into iframes and so on; all
this can happen with one submission from the client, and without ever
leaving your server, from their point of view.

   Drew.