[thelist] Please trim, please don't top post.

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Mon Jul 26 19:42:34 CDT 2004

Ken Schaefer said the following on 7/26/2004 8:59 PM:
> From a personal point of view, I'm not interested in communities that
> want to be so an*l as to dictate a posting format. As long as list
> members take the time to edit their posts, demonstrating that they put
> some thought into the reply, I welcome their contributions. If the
> general consensus is that the posting format is more important than
> the contribution (especially the contributions of those that answer
> questions), then I'm out of here.

I think a standard format is *very* important, so that when you first
receive a message, you know where to start reading. Switching back and
forth between top- and bottom-posting slows down my reading of thelist
messages, which slows my productivity. I'm not saying one or the other
is better (they each have pros and cons), but I think that we should
pick one and stick with it (and include it in the guidelines).

--
Sarah Sweeney
Web Developer & Programmer