ADMIN: Getting *way* out of hand. RE: [thelist] Please trim, please don't top post.

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Tue Jul 27 04:32:14 CDT 2004

> -----Original Message-----
> From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
> [mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of Seyon
> Sent: 27 July 2004 02:49
> To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
> Subject: Re: [thelist] Please trim, please don't top post.

Marc, you're not the only offender here but you are the most
recent one - so sorry if it looks like I'm singling you out.

1.  This thread is drifting off topic.  Meta-discussions do
    no good for our normally-high signal-to-noise ratio.

2.  Snide comments like the ones contained herein directed
    against fellow list members are WAY off-topic.

3.  *All* of you owe <tips>.  Pony up, please.

On the substantive issue:

4.  Please don't top-post.  We have a couple of thousand
    list members who receive the digest, and in digest format
    top-posting is many times more confusing than it is in
    non-digest mode.  So please be nice to digest members,
    and to each other, and try not to top-post.

Please don't make me engage the spam filter on this thread,
folks - let's call it a day on this one.

John H

Intervening very belatedly

On behalf of evolt.org

<tip type="Evolt.org Community">

Evolt also has an IRC channel on irc.evolt.org (an alias for
Freenode), port 6667, channel #evolt.

You're all very welcome there.

</tip>