[thelist] Having trouble connect Dreqmweaver MX 2004 to MySQL server

Rich Points Rich at RichPoints.com
Tue Jul 27 10:14:28 CDT 2004

Hi,
I'm trying to get started with MySQL/PHP and Dreamweaver MX 2004 and I can't make a connection to my remote MySQL server.  I've set up a database and connection in DW but when I try to test the connection it times out and no connection is made.  I get the same results when I try to connect to my local MySQL server.

Any ideas why I'm having this problem?

I think the problem may be with my PHP configuration on my local machine.   I've read that php facilitates the connection with the MySQL server.  I've installed php but it doesn't seem to be working.  How can I determine if PHP is working?  I don't know how to troubleshoot or uninstall PHP safely.  Can someone point me to some good documentation on this?

Thanks

--
Rich Points
http://RichPoints.com