[thelist] PHP learning tools

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Tue Jul 27 13:15:46 CDT 2004

Joel D Canfield wrote:

> <snip />
>
>>You can also take a look at the O'Reilly Bookshelf -
>>http://safari.oreilly.com/ - which gives you the first two
>>weeks free. Easy
>>way to preview their different PHP offerings before buying one or two.
>>

>Looks like an excellent resource. I just hate places that force me to
>give them my payment info in order to get their 'free' preview, hoping
>I'll be disorganized enough to forget to cancel. But it's worth
>considering; thanks for the link.

FWIW, Safari (there are a bunch of labels for it, InformIT Bookshelf,
O'Reilly Bookshelf, etc), is absolutely worth the measly $15/month they
charge.  The Welling PHP book is there, as is O'Reilly's PHP Cookbook
and a gaggle of others in all manner of IT subjects.  Their user
interface could use a facelift, but the books' content is all there, and
you can fulltext search the entire collection if you're just looking for
an answer to a single problem.  (No I don't work for them or anything, I
just love their service).

--
Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce