[thelist] PHP learning tools

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Tue Jul 27 16:54:22 CDT 2004

Joel D Canfield asked about dead-tree PHP books:

Hi Joel,

Here are two I keep at my desk.  They may be a bit long in the tooth
at this point, but I've been happy with them:

* "Professional PHP Programming" - Jesus Castagnetto, et alia from Wrox.

* MySQL - Paul DuBois from New Riders. (This used to be THE book for
MySQL ... dunno if there is anything better these days.)

HTH,

RonL.
(No. I don't actually use either of these OTJ ... but they give me
something to read during lunch ... or dull concalls!)