[thelist] script alternative for static web site

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 27 21:16:19 CDT 2004

I am looking for a way to do file system operations on a server. Is
there a way to use javascript? The server has no traditional scripting
capabilites (i.e. cgi/perl, asp, php etc.) It's a Windows machine. I
have no way to connect to it other than ftp and http.

What I want to do is traverse a tree of directories and read some
files, process the info, then write out a file. What can be run
(without installing anything) that will let me do that through http? On
the other server I've got a nice perl script, but I'm stumped for what
I could use on this other server given the limitations. Any suggestions?