[thelist] javascript slide-show

Scott DeMers demerss1 at msu.edu
Wed Jul 28 10:30:31 CDT 2004

I've been given a weird assignment at work. I've been asked to create a
slide show where 100 images are shown one after the other at rate specified
by the user (I'll offer something like three choices) on a web page - sort
of like seting a slide projector on automatic. My initial thoughts are to
use javascript to create a timer, and then refresh the page with a link to
the next image at intervals of n seconds. Does this make sense? Is their an
easier client-side solution I'm overlooking?

TIA

Scott