[thelist] Send Email client side

Sam Carter scforum at iness.com
Thu Jul 29 16:24:49 CDT 2004

I've got a requirement to send an email from a browser, without involving an
email package on the client pc.

I know what this sounds like, and I'm reluctantly posting this question
anyway.

We're writing a mandatory CD based HTML web course that runs on a PC for new
employees.   These employees have not been assigned an email address yet.
While it might be reasonable to use an anonymous email address to send an
email confirming completion, we've been asked to investigate whether we
could send an email without involving the email package.

This would place us in better control of the email body, subject line and to
address.  (Better than a mailto: link anyway.)

Does anyone have experience with a JavaScript package which could be used on
a form page to send email containing the form field contents without
involving the email client on the PC?

Thanks,

Sam