[thelist] How important is height when using tables?

Seth Thomas Rasmussen seth at sethrasmussen.com
Fri Jul 30 10:33:15 CDT 2004

<q>
Not sure what you mean. If your employer tells you the intranet/website
will be laid out with tables in spite of your well-reasoned explanations
of the benefits of cleaner code, are you saying you'll 'move on' as in
quit your job, or you'll 'move on' as in you'll defy your employer and
update the code anyway?
</q>

In a way, but not quite... you're specific actions could be results of the
idea I'm talking about. What I was saying is that we would ideally ALL move
on because we could all just look at the situation rationally and see the
immense benefits of a step forward and say, "Okay, these outdated
technologies then... they are not worth it. Holding everything back for
something as inconsequential as the LOOK and FEEL of the site when the
information stays intact... is a mistake.

There are so many reasons against those outdated methods, so little for
them, and so much for the new ideas carrying us forward right now! How can
any reasonable person deny this? It's absurd to do so.

Evolve instead.

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/