[thelist] PHP losing session value

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sat Jul 31 02:29:05 CDT 2004

At 22:23 on Friday, 30 Jul 2004, noah wrote:

> The host, however, has recently upgraded to PHP 4.3.8, and now the value
> of the session variable keeps being lost. It usually happens at about
> the third new page visited after login.
>
> Any ideas?

I had similar issues on a shared server.  I couldn't prove the problem and
I can't find the references now, but I came to the conclusion at the time
that garbage collection was running too frequently and someone had reduce
session lifetime in an ini_set and that my live sessions were being
erronously treated as garbage.

same scripts are working fine on their new server.

I believe one of the suggested fixes was to store session data in a
specified direcyory, rather than in the PHP default.

hth