[thelist] How important is height when using tables?

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 2 17:25:00 CDT 2004

On Sunday, August 1, 2004, at 04:24 AM, thelist-request at lists.evolt.org
wrote:
> How many people here run out and
> get the latest versions of /everything/ as soon as they come out
> (browsers,
> server software, development tools, operating systems)? Not too many I
> wager.

I understand there is is an upgrade to Mozilla called Firefox. I'll
stick to FireBIRD thank you. I installed Firefox, went to the
extensions web site and the site was broken. Latest and greatest,
phooey.

And no, it is not easy for people to download and install things. I
have watched some of them do it and I think its best that some people
not upgrade things. I honestly believe upgrading and installing things
is how AOL is able to sign up so many people (without them even knowing
they're doing it), or spyware is able to be installed, and spam is able
to propagate.

But, like the original author, I'm still awaiting an answer to the
actual question that was asked in this thread. I know that setting the
width on a <td> can speed up rendering, but can height, too. Intuition
would say probably. If the height is set the same as it would otherwise
end up being without setting the height, I'm curious if it helps or
not. My guess is the added bandwidth of the extra bytes isn't worth it.

***
Diane