[thelist] Drop-shippers for E-Commerce

Liam Delahunty liam at megaproducts.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 09:45:51 CDT 2004

on 03/08/2004 02:04 Joshua Olson wrote:

> Everything you've said so far jives with what I understand.  This looks
> exactly like what my client wants to do.  They want to put up a store, sell
> items, and have them shipped from the distributer.  They want me to
> RECOMMEND a drop-shipper.  I've found people selling lists of drop-shippers.
> I've also found individual drop-shippers that offer "membership" for a
> start-up plus a monthly cost.
>
> Any idea how I discern between a reputable drop-shipper and one that will
> just cause my client problems?

I've never used (or had a client use) a drop-shipper, just clients who
use fulfillment houses (to post and pack orders). Also, I'm in England.

I'd say you need the client to investigate their business needs first,
unless they're paying you handsomely to be a business case analyst!

It sounds like s/he just wants you to come up with a solution to a very
loose business model. "Oh I know, we'll set up a web site, just drop
ship everything and I'll sit on the beach. Olson my boy, finish my plans
to take over the world..."

--
Kind regards, Liam Delahunty, Mega Products Ltd
12 Bury Place, London WC1A 2JL Fax: +44(0)871 224 7891