[thelist] PHP/MySQL Date Format Help

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Wed Aug 4 10:27:54 CDT 2004

>Is this getting data OUT of MySQL?

No. From my original post I said:

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
my date is 2004-08-01 (Last Sunday) that was entered by the "admin" for the
purposes of placing into the mySQL database accurately.

I want to transform this date into a "readable" format for the end user.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

This date is entered by the user and actually hasn't made it's way to the
server yet. I'm getting this date/a (again from my original post):

date("M d y", $_POST["orderdate"])

I had hoped formatting the date with the date() function would solve my
woes, but it just sends out Dec 31, 1969. It *tried to format the data, but
apparently with the wrong datatype, and barfed.

I like Walters solution the best.

Thanks for everyone's input thought. Lots of good stuff in there I can use
later.

Rob