[thelist] Mozilla and multiple dashes

John.Brooking at sappi.com John.Brooking at sappi.com
Wed Aug 4 17:41:44 CDT 2004

Hello, all,

   After an hour or so, I finally narrowed down why a three-column layout
I've been working on is not rendering well at all in Mozilla/Netscape, and
it seems to have to do with HTML comments having multiple dashes inside
them! (Of all the stupid, non-intuitive things!!) I've found very little
discussion of this in searches at Google or Mozilla (maybe I'm just not
using the right words), just enough to confirm that it seems to be a known
problem, but nothing I've found sounds very definitive. Seems to be
something about causing the browser to parse the comments and the code
around it improperly. Anyone else ever encountered this? Doesn't anyone else
use lines of dashes in comments? (I guess I won't be, from now on...  ;-) )

- John

--

This message may contain information which is private, privileged or
confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity