[thelist] Mozilla and multiple dashes

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Wed Aug 4 18:47:35 CDT 2004

John.Brooking at sappi.com wrote:

>Hello, all,
>
>   After an hour or so, I finally narrowed down why a three-column layout
>I've been working on is not rendering well at all in Mozilla/Netscape, and
>it seems to have to do with HTML comments having multiple dashes inside
>
>them! (Of all the stupid, non-intuitive things!!)

Is your Doctype XHTML ?  I recalled reading something about this in
Zeldman, basically that comments in XML (and thus XHTML) cannot have ---
(3 dashes).  Quick googlin' of 'xhtml comments' yields cf:
http://webdesign.about.com/library/tags/bltags-comment.htm
--
Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce