[thelist] Image onload event in behaviors

Juha Suni juha.suni at ilmiantajat.fi
Thu Aug 5 05:24:57 CDT 2004

David Mark (STIG 213) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been having problems getting the onload event to work properly
> for image tags.  I have written a behavior that should sort out
> Microsoft's incompatability with transparent PNGs.  The function
> works, but I cannot get the event to fire.

I didn't spcifically check your code, but noticed that you seem to be trying
to reinvent the wheel.

A very easy method for making png-files automatically work with alpha
opactity in IE can be found at:
http://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/pngbehavior/pngbehavior.html

All you need to do is to call the htc-file once in your css, no code changes
for the html-pages are necessary.

HTH

--
Suni