[thelist] Embedding Remote Flash

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Thu Aug 5 05:33:51 CDT 2004

Hi folks;

Is there some trick to embedding a remote flash file in a page? I'm not yet
getting fancy with the Flash Satay stuff, just the simple code that
Macromedia Flash's "Publish" command produces. It works fine when the SWF
is on the same server as the code calling it, even when I use a full URL as
the src value, but it fails once it's looking on a different server - or
even a different domain name for the same server.

Right-clicking on the space where it should be loading brings up the flash
menu, alright, not the "movie not loaded" message - but nothing is
happening in it.

I see remote SWF files embedded all over the place, so I figure it's
possible - but how?

Cheers,
Drew.