[thelist] HTML validation for protected pages

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Thu Aug 5 19:31:33 CDT 2004

> Sarah, thanks for your suggestion, but I found that the firefox / Mozilla
> download integrated into my preferred browser (NS 7.1) without a hitch.
>
> I cannot believe I am actually validating pages with a single click... !

No problem - I feel the same way! Here I've been using the Web Developer
extension pretty much since I started using Firefox (when it was
Phoenix), and didn't even know about this feature.

Does anyone know of a keyboard shortcut to hide/show the Web Developer
toolbar?

<tip type="saving screen real estate in Firefox" author="Sarah Sweeney">
One of my (few) pet peeves with Firefox is the amount of screen real
estate taken up by toolbars. I've got my menu, buttons, links toolbar
and address bar consolidated to two rows, but the Google toolbar takes
up a whole other row on it's own, as does the Web Developer toolbar (if
I have it showing). One option I've been playing with is trying
different themes to find ones that make narrower toolbars: Noia eXtreme,
Phoenity, Pinball and Little Firefox are some I've tried that have saved
me between 10 and 20 pixels of vertical space.

I also often use Ctrl+F8 to hide the Google Toolbar.
</tip>

--
Sarah Sweeney
Web Developer & Programmer