[thelist] site check

Tim Beadle tim.beadle at iop.org
Fri Aug 6 03:55:56 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 09:18, thelist at punterspower.co.uk wrote:
> If you have the time could you give this site a quick test drive and let
> me know what your views are, Browser and Design issues mainly? Any other
> issues you think worthy of discussion.
> www.milords.com

Andrew,

I've posted a screenshot of the site in Firefox 0.9 here:
http://timandkathy.co.uk/img/milords.com-firefox-0.9.jpg

The navbar buttons seem not to line up correctly (unless that was your
intention!).

Design-wise (and a lot of this is subjective):

* I think the green text is a little pale - not enough contrast.
* The text is a bit on the small size, probably so you can get the
content into one screen (above the fold) at 800x600.
* The welcome message is given undue importance. I would give more
screen real estate to the products.
* Because of the size choices you've made, it feels a little
claustrophobic. Contrast it with the new Worldwide Fund for Nature shop
[0] and Coudal Partners [1].
* Don't take this the wrong way, but it reminds me of 1998-era web
sites.

I think that's it for now.

Regards,

Tim