[thelist] Odd Behavior last night with MySQL Server

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Aug 6 15:37:04 CDT 2004

Rob Smith wrote:

> Hassan. Let me put it in this light, and maybe you'll see what I see.

> remember, I'm parsing from a text file and lines.
>
> My newer version looks like this
> 47|"Home"|"Books"|"Audiobooks"|"Movies, Music & Entertainment"|""
> $line = explode("|",stripslashes($contents[$i]));

Ah, OK -- I don't do PHP so I didn't recognize "explode" :-)

But just for future reference -- won't you still have a problem if
a given line "explodes" to fewer than the required number of columns?

You might want to add an array-length check, and pad to the required
number of fields if necessary.

Or use LOAD DATA INFILE on your raw CSV file, of course.

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.