[thelist] columns and damn columns.

Karl Jacobs kj at studio.aero.org
Fri Aug 6 16:19:57 CDT 2004

OK, these columns apparently will not set to equal heights.  Also the
content under the set of columns is flowing UNDERNEATH the columns.
What am I doing wrong?....

the css.........

#columns {
	background: url(images/column-back.gif) repeat-y;
	width: 780px;
	margin: 0;
	padding:0;
}

#leftcolumnfront {
	position: absolute;
	top: 218px;
	left: 0px;
	margin: 0px 0px 0px 15px;
	padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
	border: 1px solid #ccc;
	background: transparent;
	width: 208px;
}

#rightcolumnfront {
	position: absolute;
	top: 218px;
	left: 565px;
	margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
	padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
	border: 1px solid #ccc;
	background: transparent;
	width: 208px;
}

#middlecolumnfront {
	margin: 0px 0px 0px 232px;
	width: 294px;
	padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
	border: 1px solid #ccc;
	background: transparent;
}

#cleaner {
	clear:both;
	height:1px;
	font-size:1px;
	border:none;
	margin:0; padding:0;
	background:transparent;
}

the html....

We don't manufacture anything. Our greatest asset is the technical
expertise of the men and women of Aerospace. Our involvement spans all
facets of space systems: including systems engineering testing,
analysis, and development; acquisition support; launch readiness and
certification; anomaly resolution; and the application of new
technologies for existing and next-generation space systems.

We don't manufacture anything. Our greatest asset is the technical
expertise of the men and women of Aerospace. Our involvement spans all
facets of space systems: including systems engineering testing,
analysis, and development; acquisition support; launch readiness and
certification; anomaly resolution; and the application of new
technologies for existing and next-generation space systems.

We don't manufacture anything. Our greatest asset is the technical
expertise of the men and women of Aerospace. Our involvement spans all
facets of space systems: including systems engineering testing,
analysis, and development; acquisition support; launch readiness and
certification; anomaly resolution; and the application of new
technologies for existing and next-generation space systems.

thanks,

-- KJ