[thelist] Multi level breadcrumb PHP

Liam Delahunty liam at megaproducts.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 07:19:38 CDT 2004

I have an ecommerce application that normally has
categories > galleries > products.

A client now wants to be able to have galleries in galleries
categories > galleries > galleries > galleries > products.

I'll keep the categories for legacy reasons, and they display differently.

No problem as far as the SQL is concerned, I'll just have another table
for gallery to gallery links.

However, I'm a little stumped as to how to create the breadcrumb trail.
Currently the category & gallery are passed in the URL.

The gallery_id is used to display the list of products (and now other
sub-galleries). I want to retain that working for, 1, search engines, 2,
the 'send to a friend' emails that are already out there.

With multiple galleries being possible I'm not sure what to do, and
would like to hear how others have done this.

I'm thinking something along the lines of passing an array in the URL
for the parent galleries? But have had no luck with the various
implode/explode ideas I've tried. This has got to have been done before,
how've you done it?

--
Kind regards, Liam Delahunty, Mega Products Ltd
12 Bury Place, London WC1A 2JL Fax: +44(0)871 224 7891