[thelist] Solved (was Arguing with my ISP over DNS problem)

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Tue Aug 10 23:31:54 CDT 2004

First, why is it always that it's only after I wrote a short novella
describing my problem do I discover the answer?

So I looked to see if my SimpleDNS software kept logs. It does. Those
show that I was blocking a range of IPs. I then see an option in the
server software set to, that's right, block a range of IPs including
those belonging to my ISP.

I have no recollection of having set up that block list, certainly not
in the past few months. Removing the block list and all is okay again.
Looks like I'm the one with egg on his face in this one.

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s
www.OnPointSolutions.com