[thelist] Arguing with my ISP over DNS problem

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 00:48:11 CDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:42:06 -0700, Mark Groen <mark at markgroen.com> wrote:
> [...]

The next troubleshooting problem would be to use nslookup (or similar
tool) on the DNS server that the client is using, to see what that DNS
server thinks, since that's where the client it getting it's DNS data
from.

The DNS resolver cache should be clear when the machine starts up, so
if the problem is evident when the machine is started up, then the DNS
server that it's getting its information from is not resolving
correctly, or has stale data.

I fail to see what the DNS cache is "misguided" though. Perhaps you
can explain why?

Cheers
Ken