[thelist] Comments wanted on collapsable definition list

Brian Foley brianf at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Aug 11 13:56:57 CDT 2004

* thelist at punterspower.co.uk [thelist at punterspower.co.uk] on [11-08-04] wrote:
> Aplogises for that Brian, misunderstood,
> works fine in ie6 xp pro no problems at all
> are you going to release this once you have finalised the testing?
> would be great for a site map

Thanks Andrew,

Yes, Im going to "release" it, but it will probably not involve much
more than putting a simple description of how it works on the current
page.

The dl was not designed as a site map, but as a display of related
static data.  Some others on this list have given me a few ideas, so
my next DOM experiment will be to transform a general ul of links into
a collapsable site-navigation type widget.  If I can get it to work
for arbitrary deep nesting, auto-collapse parts of the tree that are
not in use, have some sort of memory & a few other ideas I am working
on, I will be happy.

Naturally I will be posting another browser-check request on this list
when I have made some progress :-) :-)

Brian.