[thelist] MySQL and log files

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Aug 11 14:37:16 CDT 2004

Theodore Serbinski wrote:

> hi all! have another question regarding MySQL in use of our timesheet
> application. one critical feature of our switch to online timesheets is
> that we need a log file of all changes made to the database... when a
> user puts in times, alters these times, when a timesheet is submitted, etc.

MySQL records connections and queries if you have the General Query
Log enabled -- <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Query_log.html>

However, in a Web environment "connection" may just show you the ID
that your web server is operating as, so that may not provide enough
of an audit trail for your application.

HTH!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.