[thelist] Setting up https:// on IIS 5 tutorial

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 18:25:49 CDT 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:13:38 -0500, Rob Smith <rob.smith at thermon.com> wrote:
> >http://support.microsoft.com/?id=299525
> >How To Set Up SSL Using IIS 5.0 and Certificate Server 2.0
>
> Thanks. This was the source of one of my problems actually. When I received
> the real certificates from VeriSign and stopped using my home grown, the
> Certificate Services service threw errors

Huh? You install the certificate into IIS, or into the server's
certificate store (depending on what type of cert it is). What does
Certificate Services have to do with this process? Perhaps you can
give us more information about the actual problem you are facing. What
you describe doesn't really make a lot of sense to me :-)

Also, the SSLDiag tool I mentioned if for diagnosing issues SSL on
IIS, not with issues with Certificate Services. If CS is giving you
grief, you will need other diag tools.

Cheers
Ken