[thelist] Web services is cheaper than a LAN

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 10:39:54 CDT 2004

Hi

I'm working through Teach Yourself Web Services in 24 hours, and in
chapter two it says, as one of the advantages of web services is it's:

"Cheaper than a LAN - it's hard to imagine any way of interconnecting
computers that is cheaper than using the Internet. Every computer that can
access the Internet could serve as a web service, or a web service client.
A LAN requires you to connect all your computers with some sort of cable.
The Internet allows you to connect via each computer's existing service
provider."

Shall I burn the book now before my brain gets sullied with whatever's in
chapter three, or does this sound right?