[thelist] Value of Input with CSS

Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Thu Aug 12 12:35:52 CDT 2004

Message from Jono (8/12/2004 01:09 PM)
>I don't think it is possible, BUT I though I'd ask anyhow.
>
>I am creating a style that will be used to highlight a form's input field
>when the user has failed to enter their information.  So far I have this:
>
>Is it at all possible to use CSS to fill in the empty (and now highlighted)
>text filed with a message say something like "You must fill this in"  I am
>pretty sure that CSS cannot set text field values, but that is pretty much
>what I am looking for.

I think you're trying to use a styling tool to perform a functionality job.
Javascript is probably a better option for this task.

That said, if you can figure out how to put a background image into the
input field, which I believe is doable, you can use an image of the text
you want inserted. Just make it brief enough that it'll fit in your
smallest input field.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/