[thelist] Advice, Support, Help Wanted!!!

chris johnson fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 08:30:45 CDT 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:46:26 +0300, Dmitry Yeskin
<yeskin at webstylestudio.com> wrote:
> The situation next:
> Some time ago one client requested a big system (conversion tracking
> system) to develope. We already done some for other client but this
> system was developed in other way with know-how idea. From the begin the
> buyer paid a third-party side full amount of project. The third-party
> side is a trusted side and we worked with them already. And when we
> completed 99% of project buyer decided to stop project and asked a
> third-party side to return the money. But third-party side decided to
> check the reason of this, and who is wrong and who is right. The buyer
> said that the project have a lot of bugs, but when third-party side
> asked a buyer for a bugs list - they sent a list with 5-10 small bugs
> that can be fixed by us with 2 hours (all project taken a 3 months
> and now the project size is 12 Mb of code). The buyer now doesn't
> replying on any our emails/sms messages etc. The third-party saying
> that the buyer has a rights to cancel the project but he wouldn't have
> a legal rights to code and he must destroy the code. But we think no,
> that he must pay us 99% of amount or allow us 4 days to complete it
> 100%. The buyer don't want. It looks like he want to have a project
> (it's already on his PC) and return a money. So he'll have a project
> for free.

Get a lawyer and let them deal with this. A lawyer is the best person
to fight for what you are owed. Whether the client wants the software
or not, they signed a contract and are entitle to pay for what you
have developed so far.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com
"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd