[thelist] live chat

Ed e at marinx.com
Fri Aug 13 22:20:28 CDT 2004

> Alex Beston wrote:
> http://www.phplivesupport.com/ http://www.boldchat.com/
> http://www.live2support.com/ http://www.helpcenterlive.com/
> has any one any experience of using these things - are there any good
> free ones?

I agree with previous post. PHPLive is very good.
I would not go with an ASP or monthly fee-based solution.
Host it yourself, setup of PHPLive is not very complex if you understand the
basics of MySql DB names and editing one PHP config file.

The cool thing of PHPLive (I must admit ignorance on other products) is that
it offers an EXE version for the company to keep as a taskbar icon running
on any PC. Anytime someone hits your site, it notifies you with bell, popup,
etc. and any one of the "agents" with the client can answer without having
to have a browser open all the time.
I found that feature to make it stand out from all the free scripts out
there.
There's more to PHPLive, but that's the killer part