[thelist] Which RDBMS?

raditha dissanayake jabber at raditha.com
Sat Aug 14 10:24:05 CDT 2004

Hassan Schroeder wrote:

> raditha dissanayake wrote:
>
>> According to mysql's wierd interpretation of the GPL it's not free
>> anymore.
>

> ?! On what do you base that? There's been a lot of discussion on the
> MySql mailing list about clarifying their licensing requirements, and
> a MySQL AB rep is actively working on just that at the moment. But I
> think the sentence above (wildly) mis-states MySQL's position.
>
> In any case, you can see for yourself at:
>
>   <http://www.mysql.com/products/licensing/>

thanks for the link i have actually seen it quite a few times - though i
have not followed the discussions on the mysql mailing lists - their
position (unless it has changed of late) is that if you make a
commercial product that stores data in a mysql db you have to pay them
licensing fees - this is what a mysql sales rep told me.

--
Raditha Dissanayake.