[thelist] PHP official certification

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Mon Aug 16 14:29:24 CDT 2004

> <snip>
> I think the people in this list will be interested to know
> that Zend (PHP
> creator) conducts a new official certification program for
> PHP developers!
> </snip>
>
> Greeeaaattt.. Another "certification".

*If* it's well done, it has value to me as a developer.

I'm completely self-taught, as many web dev folks are. A formalized cert
might be a way for me to assure *myself* that there aren't whacking
great holes in my knowledge. Of course, it would have to be better than
getting a couple books and reading them for myself.

joel