[thelist] Re: Deploying Video with Flash

Rich Osborne R.M.Osborne at exeter.ac.uk
Tue Aug 17 03:54:10 CDT 2004

>> I wonder if you could fake a preloader with an animated gif in a
>> hidden, positioned div that shows onclick of the play button, then
>> hides when the flash movie is finally playing.

That's an interesting idea - unfortunately the moment the flash button is
pressed to load in the proper video, the entire webpage locks up, so I don't
think it would work, but thanks for the thought. I may explore others
possibilities upon similar lines, although the CD-ROM in question has now
gone for replication, so it'll have to be next years edition (although after
in a year in this business, the problem will probably be irrelevant!).

Rich Osborne.