[thelist] GUI design in an already cramped space... help

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Tue Aug 17 16:23:07 CDT 2004

<snip>
   What about little hide/show panels for text inputs (or groups of text
inputs)?  You could have a progression of sorts, where they click to get
another one...
</snip>

Can you show me an example of this? This sounds lucrative.

<snip>
   Another option would be to have them enter names, click a button, and add
them to a listbox or something.  Is this an intranet, and if so, is there a
browser standard?
</snip>

This idea is similar to my iframe idea, except as users enter the names, the
list box as you say, in my scenario is hidden. The only way to remove a name
is through the preview screen or via a popup prior to preview.

This is an Intranet and most everyone is using IE 5.0 with 128-bit
encryption server pack upgrade or IE 6. IE 5.5 is a bad word around here :-\
I know of one individual who uses Mozilla's browser and actually uninstalled
IE from his system. Eh.. he's our sys admin, go figure.

Cheers,

Rob