[thelist] Reading an ASP cookie on another application server

Chris Hayes chris at lwcdial.net
Wed Aug 18 10:55:39 CDT 2004

Hi Peter

I'm not sure what you mean exactly but if you're suggesting cflocation to an
asp page, then response.redirect back to CF with the result, well this is my
last  resort.  At the end of the day, I'm going to want rid of ASP and IIS.

Javascript, is actually quite happy, I can location.href the value to a
resulting page, display the value on the same cf page as the direct cookie
output and it's fine.

ie

    #cookie.testASPset# = gibberish
    #url.the_same_cookie_vlaue_retrieved_by_javascript# = perfect!!

of course document.write the javascript retrieved cookie works too, I just
wanted to see ColdFusion output the same thing

It's just CF that won't read the value in ?!?

Chris