[thelist] PHP or ASP? " dilemma, strict company rules, and hybrid web site.

Tim Kuhn Tim.Kuhn at PREMERA.com
Wed Aug 18 15:23:07 CDT 2004

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:14:09 +0300
From: Bahadir Kandemir <kandemir at gmail.com>
To: "thelist at lists.evolt.org" <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Subject: [thelist]
 "PHP or ASP?" dilemma, strict company rules, and a hybrid web site.
	<thelist at lists.evolt.org>

>Many .Net pages are only viewed with IE because of .Net's silly code >
>generation.

As the developer you have full control of the code generation and what the
client receives.

>I can continue developing web applications with ASP.Net, as they wanted,
>but develop portal with PHP, design a CSS enabled website, then show
>ASP.Net web applications in (i)frames.

You can do all that within .NET

>We can't stop using ASP.Net, but I can't design pretty pages with
>Visual Studio...

As mentioned before, use any editor you like, you don't have to use VS. You
want a free one? HTML kit works just fine, it will integrate with .NET
platform and compile code for you.