[thelist] Flash animation button [Was] Resources to learn flash

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 19 20:15:53 CDT 2004

On Thursday, August 19, 2004, at 04:10 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> I basically want it to look like an animated html link with hover
> effect.
> The whole button will be one file swf embedded in html.

What you need to do is open your button for editing. Add a layer to it.
Then, take your animation (it's a separate symbol, right?) and place it
on the stage in that new layer. Add frames so that your animation
exists on all the frames of the button, but do not put any keyframes in
that layer.

If your animation symbol is only on the first frame of your button,
that could be why the animation stops when you hover over the button.

If ever you want a button where the animation only happens when you
hover over the button, you make sure the animation is only in the
"over" frame.

As for the actions, you add them to the button where it is on the stage
(not in the original in the library). Just select the button, open the
actions panel (or I guess they have a behaviors panel now which should
be simpler) and add your action.

If you are doing what I've seen some people do where the button IS the
entire movie, then you still have to add the action to the button
instance on the stage, not to the one in the library.

> As mentioned above I can't add actions to my button either.  Please
> help if
> you can.
>
> Thanks
> Rich

My BF's job went to China so he opened a T-shirt store:
http://www.cafepress.com/abiegen.13058271