[thelist] mysql output formatting from shell

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 10:20:25 CDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:23:39 -0500, evolt at mccullough-net.com
<evolt at mccullough-net.com> wrote:
> Looking for some help on formatting the output you get from running a statement
> on the command line interface for mysql.  I dont need the header or the boxes
> and would like to have it print each row per line or pipe delimit the output.

What are wanting the output for and what are you using the process it
with? I have done something similar with DB2, but I had to use shell
script to parse and tidy up the output.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd