[thelist] Intranet Help

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 13:10:36 CDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 16:01:06 +0100, Tony Crockford <tonyc at boldfish.co.uk> wrote:
> The machine will have an IP address on the network.  you need a method of
> letting the other machines on the network know that IP address, at the
> basic level you could enter a fictitious domain name into each hosts file
> mapped to the server IP address ( assuming windows )

Other than entry the domain name into each computers Host file, what
other methods are there? Can you elaborate on some of the not so basic
methods that exist for propagating an IP address across a network and
connecting that IP address with a domain?

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd