[thelist] ASP's Sendmail not working outside our network

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Fri Aug 20 14:30:27 CDT 2004

>What are you actually using?  I don't recall ever seeing a
>built-in Sendmail program in ASP.

I'm using CDONTS.

>Are you putting a valid "From" address on these messages?  If
>so, the bounced mail should come back to that mailbox.

Yes. I'm not actually sending mail from Outlook (Express). Here's the
script:

<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT"%>
<%

  strings = "..."  <!-- Email addresses delimited by ;
  arrays = split(strings,";")
  for x = 0 to ubound(arrays)
	Set myCDONTSMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
	myCDONTSMail.From = "myemail at address.com"
	myCDONTSMail.To = arrays(x)
	myCDONTSMail.Subject = "Test Email"
	myCDONTSMail.bodyformat = 0
	myCDONTSMail.mailformat = 0
	myCDONTSMail.Body ="<p>Hey</p>"
	myCDONTSMail.Send
	Set myCDONTSMail  = Nothing
  next
%>

???.. One again, it sends stuff to my at domain.com for example, but not to my
hotmail.com address. I've started logging the SMTP site on IIS, and my sys
admin is watching the Packets too.

Until then, if you have any ideas, I'm listening.

Rob