[thelist] Weird tag

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Sat Aug 21 01:59:32 CDT 2004

Hey all,

I've been given a right mess of a site to maintain, and aside from the
unfortunate markup generally there's something I'm baffled about: many
pages are littered with an <XP> tag.  At first I thought someone must
have been trying to remove the <P> tags without deleting them(??), but
they're all over the place in the document (no DOCTYPE, btw) and the
site has some other oddities...so anyway is this tag something I should
know about?  Some kind of MS Office-related element?  Example code:

virtual, or informational products in your product database.&nbsp; </xp>

Full example page at:
http://profcs.com/shopping/features/index.asp
--
Maximillian Von Schwanekamp