[thelist] SOAP Exceptions

Mark Joslyn Mark.Joslyn at SolimarSystems.com
Tue Aug 24 15:08:44 CDT 2004

I as trying to catch SOAP exceptions and return a formatted error massage.

So far, I have only been able to return this mess:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: User not found and/or the
password is invalid (0x80040205) at
GG_ErrorXXReporter.GG_ErrorXX.ThrowSoapException(String functionName,
COMException comException, String appl) at
GG_WebService.GGConnImpl.logon(String appl, String user, String pass) at
GG_WebService.GGConn.logon(String appl, String user, String pass)

I want to only return the:

User not found and/or the password is invalid (0x80040205)

portion.

Can anyone point me to a solution or tutorial? All the ones I have found so
far are for developing the Web Service from scratch instead of building the
front end to it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

markJ