[thelist] How to Show/Hide if an option is selected in a pull-down

Jono ox4dboy at comcast.net
Tue Aug 24 15:26:28 CDT 2004

On 8/24/04 12:26 PM, "Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com)"
<peter at easylistbox.com> wrote:
>In that case, I guess you'll need to store the original value when the page
>loads.  You can do this with a hidden form field, or a global Javascript
>variable if you like.  Either way, when you trigger the onChange event, you'll
>have to say "is the new value the same as the original (stored) value?" and if
>it is, you hide the div.

This is a bit over my head at the moment.  I don't know much JS, just enough
to be dangerous.

> Also, I noticed that you're still calling the old showHide function below.  Do
> you have that working yet?

If I remove the "old showHide function"...

function showHide (id)
{
 var style = document.getElementById(id).style
 if (style.visibility == "hidden")
  style.visibility = "visible";
 else
  style.visibility = "hidden";
}

...the show/hide functionality no longer works?